Our Welcome Sign

Yesterday, I decided that we needed a welcome sign by our back door.  We have a long driveway that wraps around to the back of the house.  The majority of our visitors pass through this way, so I thought that it would be hospitable to put something out there.  After recently making and selling this door here,  I knew that I wanted something similar to call my own.

This project was basically free.  I took 2 encyclopedias from the post here and made the wreath.  The wooden shelf with pegs was left in our home by the previous owners.  I spray painted it black with the leftover paint from the garden chairs & table found here and the door was from this post. The door did not come with any hardware, but I had an old, door plate in my stash.  I like that it adds a little bit of extra character. 


This was the door found for free:

And this is how it looks outside of our backdoor:


Are there any ideas as to what to do with the other door?   Or better yet, any takers??





Link Parties:

Funky Junk Interiors

Miss Mustard Seed 

twenty-eight-o-five.blogspot.com

www.504main.com

http://www.atthepicketfence.com/

http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/

Common Ground

Fingerprints on the Fridge

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/

www.lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. I would so take it....but I think it would not exactly be easy or cheap! I love what you did with the door....it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore what you did with the door and would love to have one like it!

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday! I'm delighted to be a follower and hope you will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it all! So pretty. I found you from Live Laugh Love Craft. Great blog!

    Tiffany @ Tiffanyandcoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome. love the added peg rack and hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the entire display! Way to go on the door up cycle :) very inspiring.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. way cute! i love this door! i'd love for you to come link this post or anything else you want up to my weekend link party http://www.lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2012/06/spread-love-link-party-14.html have a great weekend!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the door and the wreath! I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! And I love the wreath idea. I will have to look at that tutorial. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this idea. Nice use of a door. Very welcoming.
    Cheers,
    Miss Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I have an old door on my back porch now with an old rusty star hung up on it and a welcome sign on the knob. Found you over at the Cowgirl Up! party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Have a fabulous 4th and thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute and welcoming!I love that it was free and you gave it a new life!Stopping by form Domestically Speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jacqueline it's PERFECT!! The whole porch is actually GREAT!! Love the idea of the door as a Welcome sign!

    You are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality.. right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you link up this evening! :)

      Please don't forget to add my button somewhere on your blog :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reminder, Christine! I thought that I already added you! I just added your great blog to the side bar w/ the rest of the party animals! :) Love your site!

      Delete
  14. What a great idea. I love the wreath. I'm your newest follower. Come follow me back at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So creative and pretty! I hope you will link this up to The CSI project starting tonight. The challenge is Summer outdoor decorating and parties. Come on over! You just might win!
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jacqueline! this is wonderful, I'm a big sucker for old chippy doors. Great idea for the chalkpaint sign. thanks so much for joining in for Vintage Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you did with your door! Fun to change out your message when you have different guests?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely LOVE this idea! The wreath is great too!

    Hugs,Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!! You have been featured at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Come on over and grab your featured button :)
    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/07/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute!! Love a good upcycle and this is just the perfect spot for this old door :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment