Free Encyclopedias Circa 1950's


This past Thursday, I found three, incomplete encyclopedia sets on the side of the road.  I wasn't quite sure what to do with them at first, but like most Pinterest addicts and roadside junkies, I had to "rescue" them.  Surely, they can become something great.


I've searched the web and have pictured some great ideas below.  Be sure to check out the original creators and their tutorials if you're interested in repurposing a few books. 


I love everything about the following picture.  The leaves are made from book pages & the vine is from craft paper.  And who could resist that hutch?!  It's absolutely stunning!

Via
This is a unique take on the book wreath.

via


The Popular Rosette Book Wreath:

Via
Anthro-Inspired Pears (tutorial):

Via


Vintage Art:

Via


Book Wreath Framed (tutorial):

Via

Vintage Book Pomander (tutorial):

Via


Book Page Embroidery:

Via
Vase Book Pages (tutorial):

Via

Book Pages used as Wallpaper:

Via
Egg Wreath (tutorial):

Via

Easter Egg Banner:

Via

Pumpkin (tutorial):

Via
Table Runner:

Via

Rolled Book Page Letters (tutorial):

Via
Book Bundles:

Via
This one is a must for me.  Stacked Books Table Lamp (tutorial):

Via

Book Planters:

Via
Book Clock (tutorial):

Via

Vintage Book Frames:

Via

Book Monogram:

Via

Need I go on?!  The possibilities seem endless.

Never estimate the value & character that lies hidden in an old book.  Or in my case, 35 vintage encyclopedias lying on the side of the road.

Comments