Antique Door To Message Board

About a year ago, I was given a couple of free doors by a sweet, young lady.  I immediately made the first one into a message board and sold it on Craigslist after realizing that it wasn't going to work in my house.

I hated to part with it.  It was slender and super cute.  


I've been holding on to the second door and decided that we needed more space in the garage.  I posted in on Craigslist as-is and received no phone calls.

Here's one side of the door:


It's a great door.  The other side of the door looks even better. 


I love the blue color, but it was bubbly and in need of work.  With inspiration from the first door, this door got a shabby chic new do, too.


I simply slapped on a coat of white paint, sanded it, added chalk paint, & it's ready to be sold.








Let's see it again.  It went from this....


to this....



I'd keep her, but she's just not my husband's type.

Linking up to...











Primitive and Proper


Comments

  1. love this idea, just pinned
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fabulous! i just did a smaller version a week or so ago! i love chalkboard anything! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment