One Ugly Sofa Table


This sofa table is one of those purchases that I have not loved.  It was a great deal and I thought 'why not'?  It was super ugly and has been moved around my house over 50 times since moving here in May.


That's not the best picture, but you get the idea of what it looked like before.  It has great, curvy legs, dovetailed drawers, & is solid wood.

I put wood filler over the previous two, drawer pull holes and drilled a new one for the modern knobs.  It received a base coat of white, a coat of black, a coat of light grey, and a ton of sanding.  After that, it was topped w/ a dark wax to blend it all together.  


It's in my "shop"...ok, my den that's been turned into a shop, and is ready to make it's way to The Strawberry Patch Barn Sale!  Go "like" them over on Facebook!  Her furniture is absolutely stunning!


Linking to...
beyond the picket fence
embracing change
tutorial tips and tidbits
shabby creek cottage

Comments

  1. I bought a table like this one at a yard sale this past weekend. It was cheap so I thought I would give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very pretty - I like how it turned out - much more my style!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment