Naptime Success: Chippy Desk Transformation

Sergio and I have some exciting news!  After living in Nashville for almost a year, we are now in the process of purchasing a home!  I have loved my neighborhood tremendously and thinking of leaving them is difficult.  The kids have made some sweet friendships and we've created lots of memories together!  It's a bittersweet time for our family.

We all know that with a home purchase comes a down payment.  So, here's my warning to you: This blog is not intended to be all about furniture transformations; however, this is now my current job to support our family's down payment goal.

Today's post is to showoff my naptime project.  If you're interested in supporting your family's income and want to jump on the furniture bandwagon, then I'd suggest beginning with a small piece of furniture and post it on Craigslist.

Here are a couple of before pictures:



I really liked all the character of the desk.  It's not a bad desk, but not pretty enough to double or triple my profit as is.

So, after combing Behr's paint with baking soda to make homemade chalk paint, the desk now looks like this:



I am not a professional painter nor am I a perfectionist; hence the paint on the ground in the above picture. 

Here's my confession: "I sand off all my mistakes!".  And now you know why all my pieces are given an "aged" look.  I don't really mind the chippy look.  It gets noticed and sells quickly.  And that is exactly why I do what I do.

How about another quick before and after shot?!



Now, off to sell this desk and to work on a $20 dresser!

Comments