"give me love, love, love, love, crazy love" -Van Morrison
Tomorrow marks 11 years for Sergio and I. As I was going through some of our pictures, I thought it would be fun to share "us" through the years....
|College Sweethearts! (2000)|
|Every weekend, we traveled to Tyro, KS to serve alongside wonderful people @ Tyro Christian Church. (2000-2002)|
|Sergio arrived TWO HOURS LATE to our wedding rehearsal!! (2001)|
|I forgave him! (2001)|
|He told me that I could get a dog....so, I brought home two! (2002)|
|We graduated together from Ozark Christian College (2003)|
|We ministered with Ninos de Mexico as teachers and then were houseparents for 13 beautiful children. (2003-2006)|
|Josiah was born in Mexico. (2004)|
|We were expecting our sweet girl, Lydia, in 2007!|
|And she came bearing the sweetest, chunkiest cheeks!|
|I'm a blessed woman!|
|Eliah was on his way when Lydia turned 6 months! (2009)|
|By this time, we haven't slept in months..maybe years! (2009)|
|And, before Eliah was 1, we were expecting Clara! (2010)|
|Sergio is my partner in crime when it comes to hosting Murder Mystery Parties! (2011)|
|Seriously, one of the best parties EVER!! 1920's Murder Mystery Party!!|
|Waiting to be wheeled off for my 4th c-section and wondering what Baby #4 would bring to our family.|
|From the moment the doctor pulled her head out, she screamed for 24 hours STRAIGHT! I cried a lot that day!|
|We're crazy out-numbered, but aren't they sweet!|
|Sometimes...Sergio and I just look at each other and laugh. Our kids are nuts and we're just trying to survive!|
|If I'd have to do it all over again, I'd say "yes" a thousand times over.|
Sergio, thanks for choosing me! I'm looking forward to the next 11 years & counting with you!
Let's always do our best to....
- Serve together as a fierce duo for the Lord
- Hug tightly even when the kids shout out "gross"
- Cheer on the Chicago Bears as I pretend to love them as much as you do
- Fight for each other, not against each other
- Hold hands at all times and everywhere
- Flatter each other's changing appearances
- Kiss goodbye in the mornings and goodnight in the evenings
- Encourage one another through our insecurities
- Be patient always
- Laugh uncontrollably
- Wrestle (and I'll sometimes let you win!)
- Never sleep while still angry, but to forgive graciously
- Give each other the benefit of the doubt
- Dance until our kids are embarrassed & continue to do so thereafter
- Pray without ceasing
Happy 11th Anniversary, Sergio! I love you!